In past few months, coffee shop and cafe have become a trend, especially in Pekalongan. There are a lot of coffee shop and cafe popping up here and there around the city. From so many options that available, there are several cafes that caught my attention. One of that cafe is Coffee & Beyond.
Located on Jl.Diponegoro 15, Pekalongan, Central Java 51116, Indonesia. Coffee and Beyond is a newborn Cafe (July 2015) that serve coffee and fusion dishes from around the world. This cafe has a Rustic Industrial concept that seen from Its buildings and furniture.
This cafe has a spacious area and could be used as a meeting and small scale birthday or party venue. Its area could be divided into three zones, each with their vocal point (the Indoor area has an old bike, the 1st outdoor smoking area has a Telephone booth and the 2nd outdoor smoking area has a big coffee mural) that you could use to take a picture.
As for their menu, for food, you could found:
- Finger Food (Fried cassava, Beef Mayo risol, Onion rings,etc.)
- Starters (Soup, Sandwich, Pancake, and Toast.)
- Main Course (Pasta, Steak, Rice dishes,etc.)
- Dessert (Cake, and Fruit Salad.)
For drinks, you could found:
- Regular Coffee (Americano, Frappucino, Macchiato,etc.)
- Speciality Coffee (V60, Chemex, Siphon,etc.)
- Latte (Taro & Green Tea)
- Chocolate and Shakes
- Juices (Single, and Healthy juices)
- Mojito & Smoothies
- Tea (Thai Tea, Rosella Tea, Spiced Peach Tea,etc.)
Sounds like your typical menu in a cafe right? But It was more than that. The main features that make coffee and beyond different from another coffee shop in Pekalongan are their passion for coffee; They take coffee seriously.
Start with the selection of Its bean, they pay attention to Its taste and roasting profile, because each coffee bean has their unique characteristic and taste, so the exact roasting profile is also important to bring out the best (taste, flavour, aroma, texture) in the bean.
Brewing method also takes a big part in serving a great cup. Every brewing method delivers a different texture of the coffee liquid, It also has their grind size, and water temperature to achieve the perfect balance and taste. Well, every small detail to make a single cup of coffee that has not only a great taste but also a balanced flavour.
Apart from Its coffee, their food is also unique. They try their best to fuse coffee in some of their food menus, for example, their “Chicken de Coffee” that used espresso as Its sauce.
For me, this cafe really lives Its name “Coffee and Beyond” because coffee is more than just a cup of drinks for them. Coffee is passion, Coffee is culture, Coffee is life. If you are a coffee lover and enthusiast to learn more about coffee, you might want to put Coffee and Beyond to your must visit places while you were in Pekalongan. and if you are lucky, you might have a chance to meet the owner and share your thought about coffee together :-).
Before I closed today’s post, Here’s some Tips & Tricks for you who planning to visit Coffee and Beyond:
- This Cafe Open Everyday (Generally from 10:00 a.m. till 23:00 p.m. / Friday and Saturday closed at 24:00 p.m.)
- Mind that the last order for food and drinks on this cafe is ±30 minutes before its closing time, so you might want to come a little bit earlier for your midnight boost.
- Price range for its Food and drink range from 15.000 IDR – 70.000 IDR.
- For food, I highly recommend their “Fried Cassava”, “Cheese Banana Fries” for the finger food. || “CnB club” and “Goulash soup” for their starters. || “Chicken De’Koffie”, “Dori salsa sauce”, and “Patatas Bravas” for their main course. || “Choco Lava Cake” for Its desert.
- For drinks, I highly recommend their “Mochado”, “Their Specialty Coffee”, “Lemon Piccolo Latte”, “Vietnam Drip”, and “CnB Butterscotch Coffee.”
- Sometimes this cafe has a seasonal menu and promotion that available in limited quantity and time, so make sure to follow their Instagram @Coffeeandbeyond.id for the latest update.
That’s for today, kindly share this blog on Facebook, or Twitter if you found this blog useful because Sharing is caring and also let’s connect through Instagram or Snapchat @edcharmain and my Twitter: @edvisored for more update about what happened recently.
Cheers !! 😉