Today I’ll share about our trip to Singapore. I didn’t take flight from Jakarta because apparently I’m back to my hometown Pekalongan. So my flight will be from Semarang. The direct flight from Semarang (SRG) Ahmad Yani International Airport – Singapore (SIN) Changi International Airport would take about 2 hours and 5 minutes.
First, stop visiting Art Science Museum in Marina Bay area for Da Vinci Exhibition. The exhibition is open every day from 10:00 a.m. – 19:00 p.m. (Last admission at 18:00).
The entry ticket cost is varied from 10.50 – 28 SGD depends on promo, your status (local or tourist) and age (child – elder). Tickets that I bought was a bundle ticket for “Da Vinci + Prudential Singapore Eye” that cost about 28 SGD. You’ll receive the entry ticket and a small booklet explaining a little bit of the exhibition.
This exhibition was presenting original masterpieces by Leonardo da Vinci, focusing on the Codex Atlanticus, featuring groundbreaking designs, stunning artistic sketches and pioneering technological innovations, that divided into five broad areas: mathematics, natural sciences, architecture, technology, and music. In this exhibition, original paintings by the School of da Vinci are presented in the centre of the exhibition while the original pages of the Codex Atlanticus are displayed at the end.
After Finished with the “Da Vinci” exhibition, I headed to the 3rd floor for another exhibition “The Singapore Eye”.
This exhibition showcases the vibrancy of Singapore’s emerging visual art landscape, through the work of 17 exciting and innovative artists. This landmark exhibition is part of the highly successful Global Prudential Eye Programme and a key highlight of Singapore Art Week in January 2015. Here is some favourite artwork from that exhibition
compare to Da Vinci; this exhibition area isn’t that big, so it doesn’t take much time to explore.
Overall experience is good, but I prefer Da Vinci more than Prudential Singapore Eye from the artwork that displayed, the way it’s displayed and the exhibition flow. We finished the whole exhibition trip at 18:15 p.m. It’s still to early to had dinner, so I decided to talk a little walk around Marina Bay.
Before I closed today’s post, Here’s some Tips & Tricks for you who planning to visit Singapore:
- If you are travelling in small number and didn’t bring any humongous luggage with you, I suggest the MRT service from Airport to the city, because it’s cheaper than ride a cab or bus.
- If you’re the first time here, you might want to buy transportation card Called EZ-Link. This card can be used to ride MRT, LRT, and Bus. Luckily it’s pretty easy to get this card. You can get an EZ-link card easily through our extensive network of sales points across the island:
- 42 Transit link Ticket Office and 6Concession Card Replacement Center located at MRT stations and bus interchanges.
- Passenger Service Centres within most MRT stations.
- 7-Eleven Stores*
It cost about 10 – 12 SGD with stored value range from 5 – 7 SGD. Mind that this card isn’t refundable, So if you are going to visit Singapore for short time only and didn’t visit Singapore that often, you might want to bought the STP / STP+ card it’s basically an EZ-link card for tourist that gives several benefit, more information about STP / STP+ card can be found here
After having this card, it’s time to know your MRT & LRT track and bus schedule. Here’s Singapore MRT & LRT map for you:
As for bus schedule, you could download “My Transport” on your iPhone or Google play store for Android. For Taxi Booking, you could download the “Comfort Del Gro” apps.
- For Internet connection and number to used here, there are several Telecommunication provider here, but I suggest to used SingTel because It’s easy to get due to Its outlet numbers, high signal and the Hi! Tourist SIM card promo. This Hi! Tourist SIM card available in two choices:
- Five days Hi! tourist SIM card gives you: up to 100 GB internet data, 30 minutes free international call and 500 minutes free local call.
- Ten days Hi! Tourist SIM card offers: up to 100 GB internet data, 1.5 hours free international call and free unlimited local call.
- To get this card just visit Singtel Exclusive retailers. You can find the exclusive retailers here